Membership of the General Council
Automatic membership of the General Council is granted to:
- the University Chancellor
- all graduates of the University, including honorary graduates and holders of the licentiateship in dental surgery
- members and former members of University Court
- professors and former professors of the University
- readers and lecturers of the University who have been in office for more than one year
- former University readers and lecturers who were members of the Council during their tenure and who continued working for the University until their retirement.
Membership of the General Council is governed by ordinance number 96 of the University of St Andrews.