Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations)
Responsibilities of the Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations) include:
- oversight and development of the University's international strategy in the post-Brexit era
- development and management of practices and policies related to strategic relationships national and international
- relations with government ministers, policy-makers and HE sector bodies as well as other Universities in order to raise the University's profile and impact in the sector
- managerial responsibility for the Communications Unit
- managerial responsibility for the Development Office, the Admissions Unit and the Career Centre
- managerial responsibility for the English Language Teaching Unit.
Professor Brad MacKay
The current Vice-Principal (International Strategy and External Relations) is Brad MacKay. He has held this role since 2017.
Brad MacKay is Professor of Strategy in the University of St Andrews School of Management. Formerly, he held a Chair in Strategic Management at the University of Edinburgh Business School, where he was also Director of Engagement on the Executive Team (2014-2016), Head of the Strategy and International Business Department (2011-2014), and Director of the MBA programs (2009-2011). He also held an ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) Senior Fellowship in the Future of the UK and Scotland program (2013-2014). He earned a BA in International Development Studies from Dalhousie University, in Halifax, Canada, an MLitt (with Distinction) in Management, Economics and Politics (MEP) and a PhD in Strategy from the University of St Andrews, Scotland. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA).