Business transformation portfolio
The business transformation portfolio (BTP) is a segment of the University's investment in the transformational changes required to achieve its strategic objectives.
The BTP aims to enable the achievement of the University’s strategy by ensuring that:
- Changes to business as usual are agreed at the appropriate management level and contribute to the achievement of the University’s strategy.
- Investment decisions are based on a clear understanding of cost, risk, impact on business as usual and the benefit to be realised.
- Initiatives are prioritised and scheduled in line with business as usual commitments and current initiatives, to make best use of resources.
- Initiatives are resourced appropriately in terms of staff capability and capacity.
- Initiatives are reviewed frequently in terms of progress, cost, risk, priority, benefits and strategic alignment.
These initiatives will take the form of either a hub portfolio, programme or project (P3).
A summary of the initiatives within the BTP is provided within the P3 register.
All BTP initiatives are subject to the gated business change lifecycle. This helps ensure their continued business justification at key points in the lifecycle, alongside regular reporting to monitor on-going progress. Find out more about business transformation board (BTB) reporting requirements and key dates for submissions.
Initiatives within the BTP are managed using best-practice methods. The use of best-practice methods allows additional support services to be provided by the Business Transformation Portfolio Office (BTPO). If you require support in relation to your initiative, please contact the business transformation helpdesk.