600th Anniversary Campaign
The University’s 600th Anniversary Campaign began in ‘quiet phase’ on 1 August 2008 and was formally and publicly launched by St Andrews alumnus HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, on 25 February 2011.
The public launch by campaign patron HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, in February marked the anniversary of the formal charter granted to the University by Bishop Henry Wardlaw in February 1411.
Since August 2008, the Campaign has realised a total of £93.4 million in gifts and pledges.
More than £63.4 million has already been invested in key developments, including a purpose-built Medical and Biological Sciences building and the transformation of the former Martyrs Kirk into a postgraduate research library and reading room. Other monies have been directed towards the provision of scholarships and for advancements in teaching and research.
With your support, the vision of the new Scottish Oceans Institute, a custom-built Music Centre, the redeveloped Sports Centre with indoor tennis court, the extension to our museum and increased scholarship funding will become a reality.
Our 600th Anniversary Campaign aims to secure a total of £100 million to support these aspirational projects and new developments, which are integral to the University’s ambition to consolidate its status as a world-class centre for teaching and research.