Moving to the UK

The University of St Andrews is the most international of Scotland's universities and one of the most international in the UK.  Students apply to St Andrews from over 140 different countries including USA, China, Taiwan, Russia Kazakhstan, Australia, Canada, Norway and Malaysia. If you’re thinking about studying at the University of St Andrews, you might find this information on moving to the UK useful.

Some international students will need a visa in order to study at the University, under the UK Immigration system. Find out whether you will require a visa here.

Students who usually live outside the EU are likely to need a Tier 4 visa in order to study at St Andrews. Investigate whether a Tier 4 visa is suitable for you in this section.

English Language Teaching (ELT) is a department specialising in English language. It offers international students at all levels of study a range of ways to develop their English language proficiency.

Moving to a new country can be a daunting process – find out key information about living and working in the UK here.

The UK immigration system requires that some international students register with the local police when they arrive in the UK. Find out about this process on this page.

Losing your passport, visa or ID card can be a stressful experience. The University offers support and advice if you find that you have lost any of these documents whilst studying.