If your family or friends are coming to visit you, they should check if they require a visiting visa to enter the UK.
If they do require a visiting visa, they will need to provide documents to support their application. The documents required may vary slightly depending on where the application is being made. However, most applicants will need to provide the following:
- valid passport
- two passport-style photos
- confirmation of accommodation for at least the first few days of the trip
- return ticket
- proof of travel insurance cover
- financial documents that show the visitor has enough money for the trip
- invitation letter (student status letter for the person they are coming to visit)
- appropriate application fee.