Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a unique number created by UKVI and requested on your behalf by the University. The CAS number includes information about your chosen course of study, fees due, fees paid, how you were assessed as eligible to enter the University, and the University’s details.
Once your CAS number is generated, Registry will email you with your number. You must not apply for your Tier 4 visa until you have received your CAS number. You cannot apply for your visa more than three months before the start date of your course.
How long will it take to receive my CAS?
The University will send you your official CAS number within five working days after you have uploaded and confirmed your preliminary CAS information. However, your CAS number will not be issued before June.
Applying for your CAS number
Once you hold an unconditional offer from the University, you will be contacted from May onwards to start the CAS process. You will be emailed a link to ‘My visa matters’ within our secure student portal. From here, you can apply for and track the progress of your CAS number at any point in time.
- Within ‘My visa matters’, upload your passport details and a photocopy of your passport image page.
- The University will use your passport details to create and email you your preliminary CAS information. This may take up to five working days.
- You should thoroughly check over the preliminary CAS information and then confirm that the details are correct or inform the University of any amendments.
- Once you have confirmed the details are correct, the University will request your CAS number from the UKVI.
- The University will send you your official CAS number via email within five working days of your confirmation. However, your CAS number will not be issued before June.