This two-week Medicine course (21 July to 4 August 2018) is intended for students with an intense interest and background in science who wish to pursue a degree in Medicine at a UK university. Participants will:
- Attend lectures in the School of Medicine and participate in academic seminars.
- Conduct experiments and collect data in our laboratories.
- Learn about medical communication with the help of qualified GPs and simulated patients.
- Learn about medical professionalism and the GMC (General Medical Council).
- Find out about the application process to study Medicine in the UK.
- Find out about the UKCAT and practice for MMIs (multiple mini interviews).
- Learn about career paths for medicine graduates, from General Practice to research and public health.
- Complete a poster project on a medical topic.
- Visit the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.